Entering grade 12, the top priority is to apply for college. Because every school's application needs filling forms, writing essay and requesting recommendation forms, it's time needing a lot of endurance and hard work to get things done.
The following is the timeline for your reference to arrange your 12th grade:
1. Prepare the list of school to apply.
Create a document listing the names of the schools, the deadline of the application, links to the online application form.
2. Talk to counselor and teacher for recommendation letters. Provide teacher with
In Grade 11, we already discuss to complete all SAT tests. If you haven't, you need to attend the test in October for SAT 1 and November for SAT 2.
4. Make sure you have good GPA in the first semester of 12th grade.
1. Send out the early decision applications.
Make sure to keep a copy of all the forms and following up with all the recommendation letter status.
2. Follow-up all the application status making sure there is no missing materials.
A confirmation should be received after 4 weeks the forms are sent out.
3. Prepare the interview.
1. Waiting for the early decisions.
2. Prepare the regular application if needed.
1. Waiting for the early decision result.
The early decision is competitive, here is an example early admission rate for class of 2020.
3. Parent complete the tax report early and send a copy to school for financial aid.
2. Send all the regular applications.
Follow-up with all the application processes.
February - April
Complete the class in Grade 12.
1. Waiting for the regular decisions
2. Make decision
Prepare the attendance of the school including dorm, travels and course selections.